Company: Agrecol, LLC
Title: Accounting Specialist
Reports To: Controller
Agrecol is a Wisconsin-based native seed nursery that produces high-quality native seeds, plants, and erosion control systems. With a small core staff and several affiliate companies, we are looking for someone to help us perform in-house accounting to ensure that all of our businesses are a success. As a small company that is swiftly growing, we pride ourselves on our employees and treat them like family.
Position Summary As an accounting specialist, you will provide administrative support to Finance and Administration for Agrecol and related entities. Under general supervision of the Controller, you will be responsible for ensuring a wide variety of accounting related tasks are completed according to strict process and accounting related procedures.
Requirements Education & Experience: Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent years of experience preferred.
Characteristics & Skills: Our ideal candidate would be detail-oriented, technically minded, able to meet strict deadlines, prioritize, and multi-task. Proficient use of MS Office Suite, specifically Excel is required. Experience with ERP financial systems, such as SAGE, is a bonus.
Job Type: Full-Time
Schedule: This job will be in the office Monday thru Friday and hours range from 8 am to 5 pm.
Insurance: We take care of our employees and offer the following insurance opportunities: Dental, Disability, Health, Vision, and Life.
401(k): We offer a competitive 401(k) plan
Location: Our office is located just outside of Evansville, surrounded by native prairie and farmland, a beautiful backdrop for your commute.
Dress: Our office dress code is casual. Most employees wear jeans and sweaters to the office and depending on the day, will dress business casual if needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Accounts Receivable Management
• Perform daily invoices tasks and apply customer payments.
• Handle customer requests regarding payment and billing issues, process refund checks, and collection of past due balances.
• Manage inquiries from customers in relation to billing.
• Verify validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from the sales department and customers.
Accounts Payable Management
• Examine vendor invoices, purchase orders, requisitions, expense reports and other supporting documentation for accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures and resolve discrepancies prior to disbursing funds.
• Obtain and verify account number to be charged and necessary signature from the appropriate management level to pay invoices.
• Enter A/P information into accounting software and produce checks and related reports for entities.
• Obtain and maintain W-9s for all vendors and prepare and mail all required 1099s.
• Perform various cash transactions, including daily bank deposits and balancing of checkbooks.
• Assist with creation of bi-weekly timesheets and submission of final timesheets to Management and HR.
• Provide general administrative support to other areas of the business along with ordering and maintaining office supplies
• Assist with coordinating employee engagement activities, on-boarding new employees, holiday activities and more.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: These physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment with low to moderate noise level.
Must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
Ongoing daily use of computers and telephone.
Walk, sit, stand, bend, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk, hear, read, count, and write.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
Must be able to work with frequent interruption.
Note: The purpose of this document is to describe the general nature and level of work performed by personnel so classified; it is not intended to serve as an inclusive list of all responsibilities associated with this position.